Planned Construction Activity
Visit the Planned Lane Closures interactive website.
Week of: 9/23/19
- There will be no new lane closures scheduled for the week of September 23. All existing long-term closures and detours will remain in effect. The majority of construction work will be along Lambert Road, east and west bound, and along the Northbound 57 off-ramp area.
Work Activities for 9/23/19
- Caltrans notified the City that their contractor is beginning realignment work on the northbound (N/B) Lambert Road off ramp of the SR 57 Freeway. The daytime construction work is scheduled to begin the week of September 23, 2019, from the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. A portion of the upcoming construction activity includes:
- Installing a temporary pedestrian signal pole on the southeast corner of N/B off ramp on the SR 57 Freeway and Lambert Road. Other activity includes, asphalt removal and the setting of additional temporary power poles along the N/B off-ramp.
- Contractors will start removing the existing sound and retaining walls along the freeway, from Lambert Road to south of where the freeway crosses over “The Tracks at Brea Trail” in order to begin realigning the northbound Lambert Road off ramp. Concrete barriers (K-rails) will be installed temporarily in the place of the removed wall. Once the realignment is completed, new retaining and sound walls will be constructed.
- To continue to stay informed during the SR 57 Freeway/Lambert Interchange Improvement Project, visit www.cityofbrea.net/57lambert. There, you can subscribe to receive email and/or text notifications from the City of Brea, visit Caltrans’ website and find links to follow the City and Caltrans on the social media platforms.
*Please note that in order to safely handle any unforeseen issues and to keep the project on track, it may be necessary to modify the schedule or the work plan. We will make every effort to update the information as soon as it’s received.
Keep informed by following Caltrans' website and social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Additionally, follow the City of Brea official news sources for updates. of new Caltrans information. Please allow some extra time, watch for detour information and drive carefully.